We’re Ready For Your Next Project!
Request a Free Quote
Superior Quality Insulation Supplies
The building performance of your Toronto home widely depends on the quality and superiority of the insulation system. There’s no doubt that it is not enjoyable to live in a draft filled home. If in the past this was an acceptable issue, it no longer should be something that homeowner’s experience. In order to have a healthy living environment, it is important to have the house sealed well, properly insulated with the right materials, and ventilated correctly.
If any crack, hole or crevice, regardless of the size, is present then inevitably air will travel in and out of the building trough the ceiling, floors and walls.
These are some of the evident signs that there is something wrong with your insulation:
- Walls and floors are cold in the winter
- Too hot in the summer
- Expensive heating or cooling bills
- Development of mold
- Heating and cooling systems are ineffective or results are uneven
Some of the different insulation supplies range from fibreglass (batt-type or loose-fill) to polystyrene boardstock, and more. Some are more readily available than others and more effective at different costs. We provide only the greatest insulation products by Owens Corning, “The Pink Panther”. This insulation works very well in the garage, attic, basement or anywhere else in your home. Contact as to receive further details and a free quote.
The perfect insulation system should be reasonably priced and will reduce heat movement and control moisture movement. The right insulation system can save you money, reduce the amount of energy you use and make your home more comfortable.
At Lumber Guys we guarantee to:
- Answer all questions and inform you of what to expect
- Provide a correct application, in accordance to all guidelines and specifications
- Utilize the best materials and equipment
- Follow all health and safety procedures
Lumber Guys proudly serves Toronto, and the Greater Toronto Area, including: North York, Markham, Mississauga, Oakville, Vaughan, Scarborough, Woodbridge, Maple, Concord, Thornhill, Aurora, and New Market. Please visit or contact us via email or phone call.
Every home requires insulation. Insulation helps to keep the warm air in during the winter and it will keep your home nice and cool during the summer months. At some point insulation begins to lose its effectiveness and the attic is one area where you can see the change, depending on the insulation supplies that were used. In the Toronto area winters can be cold and damp, so having good insulation from the basement to the attic is an excellent way to fend of these uncomfortable temperatures. Should you require insulation for your home renovation project, you can rely on the quality products and expertise offered by The Lumber Guys.
Types of Insulation
Insulation is typically made from fiberglass, foam, foil or cellulose and they all have different methods of installation. Understanding the difference between them will save you time and money when you’re ready to begin the project. We carry a wide variety of these products in the Toronto area and they’re always willing to lend some advice when needed.
- Fiberglass – This type of insulation comes in rolls or batts and is easy to work with for the most part. The homeowner can simply unroll this insulation into the space between wall studs or joists and cut through the paper backing to make it fit. It takes some effort on the part of the homeowner, but as long as you wear safety goggles and a mask to cover your breathing passages, it is not dangerous. There is also spray-in fiberglass insulation that is slightly less labor intensive, but it can be somewhat messier due to the particles that are sprayed into your home’s cavities and crevices.
- Foam – Foam insulation is generally made of polystyrene and serves as a sound deadener and moisture barrier in most cases. It is easy to work with because it can be cut to fit and the rigidity of the each board makes it a snap to transport. It can be glued into place and provides excellent thermal resistance in attics and noise reduction in interior walls.
- Foil – This material is used for insulating your attic in the form of a radiant barrier. It generally adheres to a plastic backing and blocks the heat conduction as it attempts to move from the exterior of your heated roof into your attic space. Eventually this heat will move into your attic floor and the air ducts, making your home much warmer in the hot months. Foil radiant barriers are said to reduce overall electrical costs by as much as 10%.
- Cellulose – This is an excellent medium for areas of your home that are hard to get to and would be difficult to fill with cut pieces of insulation. Most times cellulose is sprayed or poured into the space and in some cases contractors will drill holes in the exterior and pour these insulation supplies into the cavity. Cellulose is an effective insulation material but can be messy if you do not have experience. It would be best to leave this one to a professional contractor.
Why The Lumber Guys?
In addition to offering a wide variety of high quality materials and speedy delivery for your insulation needs, we pride ourselves on providing the highest level of customer service in the industry as well as helpful advice for our customers. If you have a project that requires renovation, contact us today and find out why so many homeowners and contractors in the Toronto area see us first for their renovation projects.
Read More Like This
Steel studding from The Lumber Guys is perfect for your next drywall project.
The Lumber Guys carries all the nails, screws, and hardware you’ll need.
Learn more about our available cedar lumber and related supplies.
Learn more about our available spruce lumber.
Learn more about our drywall and related supplies.